Social Media Communications Intern
*applicant must reside in or around Asheville, NC.
Appalachian Standard is a fast paced and quickly expanding hemp and greenhouse company. At Appalachian Standard, we take incredible pride in the cultivation of our plants and production of our products. Everything we sell is produced in-house, ensuring quality and integrity.
Our marketing team is a small but impactful team of multi-talented professionals. Our social accounts have over 800k followers collectively, and TikTok is one of our largest platforms for exposure. Our ideal candidate for this position is someone who is excited about and independently engaged in social media, with an eagerness to learn and grow their skills in a fast paced, small business environment.
20 - 30 hours/week during our open hours- M-F, 9am-5pm.
Work alongside the Marketing Digital Team to engage our audiences across all platforms including, but not limited to
- Comment response
- Customer relations
- Stream moderations
- Supporting the Digital Media Team
- Keep up with trends on social media platforms and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Currently enrolled in a Marketing, Communications, or similar major
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in Social Media Marketing
- Excessive attention to detail
- Knowledge of and excitement for social media platforms including Instagram and TikTok
- Familiarity with Google Docs
*must be residing in Asheville with proper transportation. There is no remote work option for this position.
You Will Gain Experience with:
- How active media campaigns work
- Effective audience communication
- Software and Applications
- Cross platform communication
- Working in a team-oriented environment
Our Platforms - @AppStandard
Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Youtube, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google